Truth

 Lately, I've been working with one my daughters, and some other kids about accountability and standing in their "Truth".

How easy is it to blame others for our own actions? "Well if she/he didn't do this, then I wouldn't have done that".  "She/he made me do it".  "She/he caused me to go out of character like that". She/he made me curse her out, slap her, cheat, steal, fight, etc."

As parents, caregivers, and even adults, we constantly give power to others for our actions; while constantly negating our "Truth".

I've learned at a very young age that everything I've done, I did because I WANTED to do it.  I had a choice to either do right or wrong, and I often chose wrong in the midst of my emotions.  Do you share that same story line?

I remember using excuses for my actions many times.  It felt better to blame others for my uninviting behavior. It felt good to play the victim and accuse others for making me react the way I did in different scenarios.  It felt amazing to pass that burden to another person so I wouldn't have to truly analyze myself and see the unwanted truth inside.

As I matured, I learned to grasp my truth, whether it was good, bad or ugly, and embrace it. I took ownership and held myself accountable for my actions. 

There is nothing like living in your truth and being free from the bondage and shame that may keep you captive.  You see, once you are in your own "truth", you then can be released from guilt, shame, pity, and denial.  You can live your life in peace, and in your TRUTH; now that is the onset of positive change and growth.


Comments

Popular Posts