What's in a Name?

I remember a few months back, I was having some personal issues going on.  I had numerous pity parties and just remained stagnated.  I allowed this stagnation to affect me mentally, spiritually, physically, and emotionally.  This borderline depression was like a cancer and I only focused on the things that were not right.  I sung the "woe is me songs", "nobody understands", "nobody knows", "why me", "I am the victim".  It was pitiful.  I stopped working out and always found something to complain about.  I put on an AMAZING deceptive show for my husband and children. I became a pro at it.  However, deep inside, I was broken... completely broken.

I would call close friends of mine with the three C's crying, complaining, and criticizing. I can only imagine how they felt when the phone rang and they saw my number.  LOL.  I'm sure they had to stay prayed up just to encounter my 3 C's.  I'm sure I was a character.  I truly love and appreciate them for their love, compassion, prayers and TRUTH.

While exercising my "3C's" one afternoon on the phone, one of my friends brutally let me have it.  After going through my "issues and complaints", she asked me this..."Viva, what is the meaning of your name?"  She continued to express to me how my actions were not matching up to my name and I was floored because I immediately thought of the many characters in the Bible whose names were changed by God.

I paused, cried some more, than thanked her for the reality check I needed.

Viva is from both the Italian and Spanish decent.  In both languages, the name has similar meaning.  The Italian meaning is: Long Live or Live
The Spanish meaning is: Full of Life

Imagine that!! Full of Life? Lively? My girlfriend was correct. I was NOT living who I was. I was not living in my name. I was living in negativity.  I allowed my mind to welcome confusion and chaos; as opposed to standing on God's word and speaking life over my circumstances.

That one conversation, was an eye opener and a reality check. 

Maybe you are in a stagnant stage utilizing the 3 C's in your situation. Maybe you have forgotten what your name is and who you are. Perhaps you've forgotten who God made you to be. I'm here to share with you that you are not your circumstance! You are fearfully and wonderfully made by Him! (Psalms 139:14). You have a purpose!

What's in YOUR name?

Comments

Popular Posts